Review of Adverbs
In this ESL grammar exercise, students must fill in the blanks with suitable adverbs.
Write an adverb in each blank to complete each sentence. (Each sentence should make sense!)
1. Rabbits can jump very _______________.
2. That baby is crying so _______________.
3. Jack drives too _______________, so the police officer gave him a ticket.
4. Please don’t talk so _______________. Some people are still taking a test.
5. The roads are very wet, so please drive _______________.
6. You are speaking too _______________; I can’t hear you!
7. After Jessica had a fight with her friend, she walked home
8. Wow! I didn’t know your sister could sing so __________.
9. My English teacher talks too _______________, so he is very hard to understand.
10. You should write your homework _______________ so you don’t make mistakes.
Back to ESL Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Resources for Teachers