ESL Grammar Exercises
Introduction to Present Tense
Present Tense (1)
We use the Present Tense to talk about things that always happen, or habits.
· I go to school at 7:00.
· Lizards climb on the walls.
Also, we use the present tense to talk about things that are always true, or facts.
· The sun rises in the east.
· Flowers need water to live.
*In the Present Tense, if the subject is He, She, or It, you must add –s to the verb.
· Wrong: Daniel eat dinner at 7:00. (x)
· Right: Daniel eats dinner at 7:00.
Fix the mistakes in the following sentences:
1. Julie like to play baseball.
2. My friend lend me a pencil every day.
3. They are walk to school every morning.
4. The baby cry when he is hungry.
Back to English Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Resources for Teachers