ESL Grammar Exercises
Introduction to Present Continuous Tense
Present Continuous Tense (2)
We use the Present Continuous Tense to talk about things that are happening right now.
To talk about right now, you have to use a “Be verb” (am, is, are) and a verb+ing:
Write a “Be Verb” in the blanks to complete each sentence:
1. Bret _______ trying to climb a mountain.
2. Kate and Charlie _______ making a pizza for dinner.
3. Jake and I _______ working hard in school.
4. Patrick _______ sitting on the floor right now.
5. I _______ playing tennis right now.
6. Wendel _______ going to Antarctica.
7. My sisters _______ sleeping right now, so be quiet.
8. My mother and father _______ talking about something important right now.
Back to English Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Resources for Teachers