ESL Grammar Exercises
Review of Present Tense and Present Continuous Tense
Present Continuous Tense (4)
Is it Present Tense or Present Continuous Tense?
Choose the correct verb tense in parentheses to complete each sentence.
1. Look! The cat _______________ a mouse! (eats/is eating)
2. Jane and Lily _______________ to school every day. (go/are going)
3. Can you please be quiet? I ______________ my homework. (write/am writing)
4. David can’t talk on the phone because he ______________. (sleeps/is sleeping)
5. Melissa usually ___________________ piano after school. (practices/is practicing)
6. Trees _________________ water and sunlight. (need/are needing)
7. Stanley always _________________ me a pencil. (lends/is lending)
8. Quentin _________________, but he will finish soon. (runs/is running)
9. Look! Those two boys ___________________! (fight/are fighting)
Back to English Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Resources for Teachers