ESL Grammar Worksheets
Past Continuous Tense
Past Continuous (1)
We use the Past Continuous Tense to talk about something that was happening at a specific time in the past.
To use the Past Continuous Tense, you need a [Past Tense Be Verb] + [Verb+ing]:
Write [Past Tense Be Verb] + [Verb+ing] to complete the following sentences:
1. I _______ ____________ during the baseball game.
2. The two girls _______ ______________ during the math test, so the teacher was angry at them.
3. Mary _______ ______________ during math class.
4. James and Mark _______ ______________ during lunchtime.
5. Those two boys _______ ______________ during the whole movie!
6. Everyone was ______________ during the party.
7. My sisters _______ ______________ during summer vacation.
8. Nathan _______ ______________ during the music concert.
9. Christina and Lilian _______ ____________ during the football game.
Back to ESL Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Worksheets