ESL Grammar Worksheets
Past Continuous Tense
Past Continuous Tense (2)
To use the Past Continuous Tense, you need a [Past Tense Be Verb] + [Verb+ing]:
Fill in the blanks to complete the sentences below.
1. I was watching TV when______________________________.
2. My mother was driving her car when ____________________.
3. Roger was _________________ when he heard a strange noise.
4. I was talking to my friend when _______________________.
.5 We were sleeping when ______________________________.
6. Dave and James were ____________________ when
7. Tina was________________________ when her friend hit her.
8. Steve was riding his motorcycle when ___________________.
9. It was raining when ____________________________.
10. The cat __________________ when the dog started barking.
Back to ESL Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Worksheets