ESL Grammar Worksheets
Present Pefect Continuous Tense
Present Perfect Continuous Tense (3)
Remember: if something was happening before, and it is still happening now, you use the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
Using the example below, write Present Perfect Continuous sentences using the information provided.
Example: Johnny was eating at 3:00.
He is still eating now (3:30).
Johnny has been eating for 30 minutes.__________________________
or: Johnny has been eating since 3:00.__________________________
or: Johnny has been eating ever since 3:00.______________________
1. I didn’t watch the news last month.
I am still not watching the news.
2. Cindy fixed things when she was young.
Cindy is still fixing things these days.
3. My aunt was living in Mexico in 2004.
She is still living in Mexico now!
4. The trash was stinking yesterday.
The trash is still stinking today.
5. The birds were singing at 5:00 this morning.
The birds are still singing now (10:00 in the morning).
6. People celebrated Christmas many years ago.
People still celebrate Christmas today.
7. I used a cell phone when I was 6 years old.
I still use a cell phone now. (How old are you??)
Back to ESL Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Worksheets