Introduction to Adjectives
This ESL grammar exercise introduces students to adjectives, which modify nouns. Students then have a chance to practice identifying adjectives in various sentences.
Adjectives are words that describe nouns. Adjectives make nouns more interesting.
A bird -> A big red beautiful bird
My car -> My old, dirty car
This story -> This story is short and funny.
Circle the adjectives in these sentences, and draw an arrow to the noun that they describe.
1. This car is new.
2. She is a funny girl.
3. John is tall, but Jane is short.
4. The new car is very clean.
5. The fast rabbit played with the slow turtle.
6. Playing baseball is very fun!
7. Your book is too dirty! It is not clean!
Back to ESL Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Resources for Teachers