In this ESL grammar exercise, students must identify the adjectives in sentences and the nouns that they modify.
Circle the adjectives in each sentence, and draw an arrow to the nouns that they describe.
1. Using a computer is difficult.
2. Paper airplanes are fun.
3. I want to buy that new red car.
4. We can use the old paper in my English notebook.
5. The video game is expensive because it is new.
6. Airplanes are fast, but boats are slow.
7. Don’t draw disgusting pictures!
8. That picture looks like a real tiger!
9. I think math is easy.
10. The expensive, new car is very fast.
Back to ESL Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Resources for Teachers