Introduction to Nouns
This beginner-level ESL grammar worksheet introduces students to nouns (people, places, and things) and gives them a chance to identify the nouns in several sentences.
Nouns are people, places, or things. You can see and touch most nouns.
Circle the nouns in the sentences below:
1. I want to go to the department store.
2. The doctor and the teacher are in the car.
3. There is a big book in the classroom.
4. My cat likes to sit on the bed.
5. My house is in England.
6. I want to buy some medicine.
7. You can see animals in a zoo.
8. Hi Elle. Your dress is very cute.
Back to ESL Grammar Exercises
Stickyball Home: ESL Resources for Teachers