ESL Phrasal Verbs
Explanations of several of the most common phrasal verbs (mixed).
Mixed Phrasal Verbs (1) - Definitions
cut (it) out: to stop doing something that is unfair or annoying
drop by / stop by: to briefly visit a place or a person
drop out: to quit school
Mixed Phrasal Verbs (1) - Worksheet
Fill in the blanks with the correct words to complete these phrasal verbs.
2. Hey! I’m talking to your teacher on the phone! I can’t hear when you two are making so much noise! Will you please __________ it __________?!
3. Jake didn’t have enough money to pay for school. He tried to work full-time to help pay his tuition, but he eventually had to ________ ________ of school because he just didn’t have enough time.
4. Mandy decided to __________ __________ the wedding when she caught her boyfriend kissing another girl.
5. I had almost finished writing my essay for English class when my brother spilled his soda all over my paper. Now I have to __________ it ___________!
6. We’re going to __________ __________ the hospital after work and visit Aunt May, who is having surgery tomorrow.
Back to ESL Phrasal Verbs