Advanced Vocab List 7
1. He is a very _____________ artist; his art is different than everyone else’s.
2. Is this the original copy, or is it a _____________?
3. My backyard _____________ all the way to the beach.
4. I don’t think that is an _____________ diamond ring, because it’s too cheap.
5. She is studying business in the UK because she wants to become a famous _____________.
6. Why do you want to study English at Harvard University?
7. Jay is very _____________; no matter how many times he fails, he never gives up.
8. Leo wanted to set the air conditioner at 27 degrees, and Angela wanted to set it at 23 degrees. I suggested that 25 degrees would be a good _____________.
9. The _____________ of wealth in this country is not fair. One percent of the people have almost all of the money.
10. We learned many interesting _____________ in our philosophy class today.
11. Jenna’s grandmother will have heart surgery today, and she is very worried because the doctor told her it is a very dangerous _____________.
12. People _____________ more oil now than they did 20 years ago.
13. Scientists worry that global warming will _____________ affect mankind.
14. The test will _____________ at 11:00.
15. Hank _____________ his car’s engine to make it go twice as fast.
16. I don’t mind the hot weather, but I can’t stand the summers in Taiwan because they are too _____________.
17. The new helmet law is _____________ prevent injuries and deaths.
18. The Internet was invented in the _____________ part of the 20th century.
19. Many people think that cloning is _____________, because it can produce human beings with defects.
20. The _____________ went off to fight in the war.
21. I wouldn’t want to live in an aboriginal village because they are so _____________.
22. Everybody drinks tea in Taiwan. Maybe I will open a tea shop. It seems like a very _____________ business.
23. I wanted to go to Boston University, but I can’t because I didn’t graduate from high school. I don’t have the right _____________.
24. US troops _____________ Iraq in 2003.
25. I’m afraid that we’re not going to finish our project on time. We need to try to _____________ this process.
26. Jack and Mike committed the crime together, so Jack is not _____________ responsible.
27. Jazz music _____________ in the southern US in the latter part of the 20th century.
28. Steve just wants to work at McDonald’s for the rest of his life. He doesn’t have any _____________.
29. Jeff is _____________ swimming because he doesn’t