Advanced Vocab List 8
1. The baseball game is already _______________, so we should hurry if we want seats.
2. This medicine is very _______________, so you should only take one pill.
3. An education is _______________ to success in the modern world.
4. The statue is very _______________; if you’re not careful, you’ll break it.
5. The crowd _______________, “Let’s Go Red Sox! Da Da DaDaDa!”
6. Eating junk food every day is very _______________ to your health.
7. In the religious _______________, the people will hit themselves until they bleed.
8. The president tried to _______________ the rumors that he had lied.
9. Fruits and vegetables are _______________ to good health.
10. His warm forehead _______________ that he has a fever.
11. Jack didn’t _______________ anything to the class, so he failed.
12. I have to move home _______________; I don’t know when I’ll come back.
13. My mother tried to _______________ me that everything will be okay.
14. Investment depends on the _______________ of the economy.
15. The police in Taiwan rarely _______________ the helmet law.
16. _______________ an earthquake, stand in the doorway.
17. Don’t worry about me. I’m very _______________. I’ll always find a way to solve any problems that arise.
18. The school has too many students and too few classrooms, so they plan to _______________ next year.
19. What is the _______________ of the date 1776 in American history?
20. The typhoon may _______________ the mango crop this year.
21. In _______________, I shouldn’t have invested all of my money in the stock market.
22. Alex has a very short _______________, so I always have to get his attention.
23. Don’t say “ATM machine.” It is _______________.
24. There are few _______________ of that isolated island.
25. I answered the questions on the test _______________, so I got a good grade.
26. He is _______________ about his weight, so please don’t tease him.
27. I participated in many _______________ activities in the university.
28. It is difficult to _______________ to life in a new country.
29. The unemployment rate _______________ this year due to the economic instability.
30. In some cultures, there is a _______________ against sticking up your middle finger.