Advanced Vocab List 9
1. The new vocabulary words are _______________ so that you will notice them more easily.
2. I didn’t prepare _______________ for the test, so my score wasn’t very high.
3. “U.S.A.” __________________ “United States of America.”
4. It is harder to breathe at high _____________________.
5. After I ate the spicy hot pot, I got ___________________ and was in the bathroom for an hour!
6. The climbers tried to reach the ___________________ of Mount Everest, but they got _______________ and were unable to walk, so they had to come back.
7. We made a _________________ decision to go camping last night.
8. The new medical center has an experienced _________________ who will treat the various ________________ that mountain climbers may get.
9. If you forget your speech, it will be helpful if you have the ability for ______________________.
10. They _______________ the mountain slowly and ____________ quickly.
11. The _____________ of the mountain was quite slow, but the ______________ was much faster.
12. The reporter is writing an _____________ about the famous actor who died yesterday.
13. According to ____________________ wisdom, Christopher Columbus believed that the world was flat. Actually, this is not true.
14. His reassuring gesture was intended to ______________ sympathy.
15. The warrior _______________ his enemies and achieved glory.
16. I don’t know why this new software doesn’t work! I installed it very carefully and did __________________ what the instructions said, but it still doesn’t work. It’s so frustrating!!!