Advanced Vocab List 12
1. Johnny! Please stop singing! You’re _______________ the class!
2. That man was _______________ with murder, but he was eventually acquitted.
3. The death _______________ is very controversial.
4. Celebrities and politicians are _______________ constant scrutiny by the paparazzi.
5. Typhoon Morakot _______________ southern Taiwan.
6. Johnny! Why did you tell your friends that we have 20 houses? That’s not true! Don’t _______________! We only have three!
7. After I complained to the company, they said they would _______________ the error as soon as possible.
8. The politician _______________ that the company tried to bribe him to pass a new law.
9. You can go to graduate school in the UK, _______________ you get a score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS test.
10. If you help me work on Saturday, I will _______________ you for your time.
11. The police said that Johnny is the main _______________ in the murder case, but they haven’t arrested him.
12. My company’s stock price rose _______________ yesterday; I made a ton of money!
13. I don’t read tabloids because I’m not interested in _______________.
14. The American election got a lot of _______________ in the international media.
15. I was _______________ when the teacher caught me sleeping in class!
16. The Earth’s temperature has risen _______________ over the past few decades.
17. Please _______________ the homework assignment I gave you; that was the wrong assignment. I’ll give you a new assignment tomorrow.
18. OJ Simpson’s maid had to move out of the country because of the constant _______________ she received from the media.
19. There was not enough evidence that Johnny committed the crime, so he was _______________ by the jury.
20. The jury decided that his brother, Jimmy, was guilty, and Jimmy was eventually _______________ of murder.