Advanced Vocab List 13
1. The WTO works to abolish ______________ because they are bad for international trade.
2. Muscular sclerosis is a nervous ____________. Double vision and involuntary movements are two common ____________.
3. Roger is a very ____________ guy; he always says what he thinks and never ____________ to give his opinion.
4. Although the Internet ____________ how we communicate and has many benefits, there are also some ____________ effects of prolonged use.
5. I have lived in Taiwan for ______________ six years.
6. Frank’s father ____________ him when he was young, so his family grew up in ____________ and relied on charity for food.
7. I haven’t slept for days because I have ____________. I ____________ advice from my doctor, and he gave me some sleeping pills.
8. Kyle thinks he’s better than everyone just because his father is rich. I can’t stand people who are arrogant and ____________.
9. If you’re going to a wedding, you should _____________ your shoes first. They’re filthy!
10. In some countries, children are still sold as slaves. This is a ____________ business, and the children can only ____________ a better life.
11. John ____________ his little brother by spraying water on him while he was sleeping every night.
12. Harvard University has renowned _______________ and world-class facilities.
13. Bill Gates made a ______________ investment in Africa to improve the lives of the people there.
14. Our flight was delayed, so we had a ____________ wait in the airport.