Advanced Vocab List 14
1. I put my cell phone on “silent” mode, but if you call I will feel it _______________.
2. Shooting stars are a very interesting ______________.
3. There are many ______________ of this song, but the Beatles originally wrote it.
4. I was ______________ very confused in the physics class, but after studying hard, I gradually started to understand the concepts taught by the teacher.
5. Principal Gloria fired Teacher Jake last week because she thinks he is not a ______________ teacher.
6. The new government will ______________ several new laws and regulations.
7. You should be proud of yourself! Getting into Harvard is a ______________ achievement!
8. Due to his nervous disorder, Uncle Dave has limited ______________ and needs a wheelchair to get around.
9. The new international airport will help ______________ the development of the tourism industry.
10. Don’t call Uncle Dave “______________.” He prefers to be called “disabled” or “challenged.”
11. The company’s ______________ were outraged when the stock price plummeted last week.
12. You should use extreme ______________ when driving on ice.
13. The golf tournament is open only to ______________; professional golfers are not allowed to participate.
14. With her ______________ and diligence, Maria was able to get her PhD from Oxford.
15. I couldn’t understand the ______________ to that song, so I looked them up on the Internet.
16. Grandma is a very ______________ driver because she is terrified of getting in an accident.