Advanced Vocab List 15
1. Some people use _______________ to quit smoking.
2. Christian Scientists do not believe that _______________ medicine can cure ailments.
3. The president’s _______________ defended him against accusations that he had lied.
4. After Michael Jackson died, the _______________ revealed that he had died from a drug overdose.
5. Jack didn’t get enough sleep last night, so he kept _______________ in class.
6. If you are convicted of a _______________ such as murder, burglary, or arson, you might receive a long prison sentence.
7. If you are accused of committing a crime, first you will be arrested, and then you will _______________. At your trial, the _______________ will present the evidence that you are guilty, and you will be represented by your ________________. After all of the evidence has been presented, a judge or a _______________ will decide if you are guilty or innocent.
8. Many people prefer to use _______________ medicine to treat minor _______________.
9. After the young boy showed up in school with several bruises on his face, his father was arrested for child _______________.
10. The child’s mother was accused of _______________ because she hadn’t given her daughter the medicine that could have saved her life.
11. He has to be careful about what he eats because he has _______________.
12. My sister is applying to law school because she wants to be an ______________.