Advanced Vocab List 17
1. We need to call the plumber. The sink is ______________ again.
2. The teacher _______________ the students’ suggestions to make the class more enjoyable.
3. Shelly is in a bad mood because her boyfriend broke up with her. You should go over there and give her a nice _______________. Tell her her hair looks nice. It will make her feel better.
4. Single mothers have to _______________ with the pressures of raising a child and working full-time.
5. My mother is _______________ protective. She won’t even let me walk down the street by myself.
6. You can always see a lot of _______________ on the sidewalks in Boston. It is known as a great “walking city.”
7. Solar energy is good because, in contrast to fossil fuels, it is ___________.
8. I plan to _______________ in English in the university because I want to be an English teacher.
9. The patient just got out of surgery. She is not _______________ yet. Come back in an hour and you can see her.
10. Urban _______________ has threatened the survival of many endangered species.
11. After the fire destroyed his house, Bill’s neighbors helped him _______________ it.
12. After I graduate from the university, I plan to go to graduate school so I can get a _______________ degree.
13. Write one sentence with “#-fold” (two-fold / five-fold / twenty-fold, etc.):