Advanced Vocab List 21
1. Nurses ___________ themselves to taking care of the sick.
2. The teacher suspected that I had stolen her pen, so she asked me to empty the __________ of my pockets.
3. If you __________ on old Mr. Atkins’ yard, he will yell at you and chase you with a stick!
4. Old Mr. Atkins doesn’t like strangers walking onto his __________.
5. I applied for the management position, but they didn’t hire me because they said I’m not __________.
6. That poor puppy looks miserable! He must be sad because he’s __________ to that small cage all day.
7. That comedian is famous because he can __________ the President very accurately.
8. I put 10% of my income into a retirement __________.
9. After you finish the painting, a panel of judges will __________ your work and give you a score.
10. John and Lisa got to go home early because they scored well on the test, but the ____________ of the class had to stay late and review their mistakes.
11. Every year, the ____________ for diagnosing psychological diseases change.
12. My mother said that she will not be __________ until I get A’s in every subject.
13. Martha’s health got ____________ worse as she grew older.
14. Our teacher is very lenient; he doesn’t like to __________ students.
15. Hmm… I like your plan, Leo, but I just don’t think it’s __________ right now, because we don’t have enough money.
16. If Karen wins her next tennis match, she will __________ for the Olympics in London!