Advanced Vocab List 22
1. We learned many _____________ songs in school today, like “America the Beautiful” and “God Bless America”
2. I got __________ to sleeping late during the summer, so when school started again, it was really hard for me to get up early every day.
3. Actually, Mr. Smith owns two large companies, but he’s very modest about his success. He doesn’t talk about how much money he has, and his house is not _______________ at all.
4. Wow! I can’t believe you passed the advanced English test! I’m really __________! That’s a very difficult test!
5. I _____________ that the company’s stock would rise, so I invested in the company and ended up making a lot of money.
6. Because the thief is under 18 years old, the judge decided to send him to a __________ detention center instead of a real prison for adults.
7. We are unable to ____________ the Internet right now because of the storm.
8. Many patriotic soldiers feel that bravery is the most important ____________ of all.
9. I hadn’t seen that movie since my childhood. After I watched it, I started feeling very ____________, so I took out some old picture albums and looked through them.
10. With the threat of global warming, it is important that we start using __________ forms of energy such as solar and wind energy.
11. In most states, it is illegal to carry a _____________ weapon.
12. I found this cell phone in the lobby. Someone must have lost it. If nobody __________ it by the end of the day, I think I’ll just take it.
13. A red ball suddenly _______________ in the magician’s hand. It seemed to have come out of thin air!
14. I heard that Jimmy was saying mean things about me behind my back, but when I ____________ him about it, he denied it.
15. I like food from almost all parts of the world, but I would have to say that French __________ is the best.