ESL Sentence Patterns:
[Subject] lasts [amount of time]
Subject – lasts – amount of time
Complete these sentences with “lasts – amount of time”
1. You should think twice before you get a tattoo, because it will _______________________________.
2. The company hired a new boss in 2008 and fired him in 2009. He only _________________________.
3. Humans can _____________________________________________________ without food or water.
4. A new lightbulb should _____________________________________________________.
5. If you leave the milk out of the refrigerator, it will only _____________________________________.
6. A new car will ____________________________ than a used car.
Back to ESL Writing
Stickyball.net Home: ESL Resources for Teachers