ESL Sentence Patterns:
[Subject] takes [amount of time]
Subject – takes – amount of time
Sometimes you can use both “takes” or “lasts”:
Complete the sentences with an amount of time.
1. It takes me ____________________ to walk to school.
2. It takes me ____________________ to go to school by bicycle.
3. It takes me ____________________ to go to school by car.
4. It takes about ____________________ to get ready for school.
5. It takes ____________________ to learn how to play the piano well.
6. It takes ____________________ to fly around the world.
7. Going to college and earning a degree will take about ________________.
Back to ESL Writing
Stickyball.net Home: ESL Resources for Teachers