ESL Sentence Patterns: (Currently) in the process of
(Currently) In the process of [verb + ing]
Currently doing something
In the middle of a project that may take a lot more time
· We’re currently in the process of updating our website. We apologize for any inconvenience.
· She is in the process of recovering from alcohol addiction.
· I’m currently in the process of preparing for the English exam, so I don’t have much free time to hang out with my friends.
· I’m in the process of repaying my student loans.
· They’re in the process of getting a divorce.
· The government is in the process of trying to figure out how to fix the economy.
· The computer company is in the process of trying to figure out how to make smaller, cheaper computers.
· The rock band is in the process of recording their first CD. It should be out within a few months.
· George is in the process of applying for his work visa, so he has to get a medical exam and fill out an application.
· We’re in the process of looking for a suitable dog for our daughter, Lisa.· We’re in the process of hiring new employees. If you would like to apply, please bring your resume to the store.
Complete the sentences:
1. NASA is in the process of _______________________________
2. __________________________________developing more fuel-efficient cars.
3. My parents are in the process of _________________________
4. ___________________________________ opening a new restaurant, so she is very busy.
5. Winter is coming soon, so the bears are in the process of _____
Write 4 more sentences using “in the process of [verb + ing]”
Back to ESL Writing
Stickyball.net Home: ESL Resources for Teachers