ESL Phrasal Verbs
Printable worksheet reviewing phrasal verbs with the words "make", "stick", and "pull".
Choose one word from the left, and one word from the right, to complete each sentence.
2. People in poor countries often cannot afford food and have to simply __________ __________ with whatever food they can find.
3. Good friends __________ __________ even when times are tough.
4. I don’t have my glasses, so I can’t __________ __________ the words on the
5. Teacher: Johnny, could you please __________ __________ after class? I need to
6. Stop yelling! You’ve got to __________ yourself __________! This is no time to
7. Wow, I didn’t think I would be able to pass that test. I can’t believe I __________ it __________!
8. Bill and Melissa had a big argument last night. They still haven’t ________ ________, so they’re not talking to each other right now.
9. When you go to Taipei, you will notice that Taipei 101 really __________ __________ because it is much taller than all the other buildings.
10. John Smith was behind in most of the polls before the election, but in the last few days he managed to __________ __________ of his opponent and win the election.
11. The young couple was caught __________ __________ last night in the park. A police officer noticed them and told them to go home.12. The thief __________ ____________ with my diamond ring, but not before I wrote down his license plate number.
Back to ESL Phrasal Verbs